These ‘Core Values’ include managing the lands, timber, and non-timber forest resources:
- to sustain a financially viable forest resources business for the long term benefit of residents in the Bulkley Valley;
- to maintain and sustain functional integrity of ecosystems;
- to protect water quality in watersheds;
- to maintain a healthy balance of all plants and animals;
- to recognize the Wet’suwet’en people and their culture;
- to establish long lasting, respectful relationships between the partners;
- to expand local small business opportunities and employment when and where feasible;
- to provide a safe and environmentally friendly work environment;
- to enhance outdoor educational and recreational opportunities;
- to increase community involvement in resource management; and
- to reflect community values in decision making.
Wetzin'kwa Community Forest covers over 30,000 hectares covering rich conifer and mixed forests of the valley bottoms to the tundra and glaciers of the mountains.
Wetzin'Kwa Community Forest Corporation (WCFC) is in the traditional territory of the Wet’suwet’en.
Wetzin'kwa Community Forest Corporation recognises the numerous recreation values that exist within the community forest tenure.
Wetzin'kwa Community Forest Corporation seeks to manage the economic values of the community forest to expand local small business opportunities and employment.